Computer getting stuck at Welcome Screen

Closed
whosaid Posts 2 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2010 - Jul 24, 2010 at 04:15 PM
pkcspn1992 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2010 - Jul 26, 2010 at 01:38 AM
Hey,

I own a Siemens Fujitsu laptop. I've been using it for almost a year, and suddenly now, it gets stuck on starting up. The welcome page, and the desktop come fine. ONE click, and everything gets stuck. The only way to shut down is to hold down the button.

I restarted in the Safe mode, which was working fine too . But later when I turned my laptop on, and selected the "Safe Mode" option, it went to the normal mode, and got stuck there.

But today, the safe mode came alright. Now I'm scared of turning my laptop off.
Should I reinstall Vista? How do I do that? Someone told me I couldn't do it without downloading drivers off the net, if so, what drivers should I download?

Would really appreciate any sort of help, thank you :)
I use Vista, Service Pack1
Related:

2 responses

pkcspn1992 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2010
Jul 24, 2010 at 09:10 PM
Hello friend...I too had got the same problem with my lenovo..dis happens due to d reason that u r havin a lot of programs running on startup...Simply open the control panel>>windows defender>>startup programs and then disable d programs whom u think r not required 4 booting system.
whosaid Posts 2 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 24, 2010
Jul 24, 2010 at 10:03 PM
First of all, thanks for replying :)
I got into windows defender alright, but how do I know if a program is essential for startup or not? This is the list of programs that I'm confused about

Microsoft Windows host process (Rundll32)
Windows Defender
Synaptics pointing device driver
SM56 Helper Win32 Utility
Wistron HotkeyApp
Intel(R) Common User Interface
MUI StartMenu Application
Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U17
pctsTray
Adobe Acrobat

Do I need them? Can I disable them?
pkcspn1992 Posts 4 Registration date Saturday July 24, 2010 Status Member Last seen July 26, 2010
Jul 26, 2010 at 01:38 AM
ok!!!! u could disable d adobe acrobat...pcts try...java...mui...if u are not using hotkeys then u could also disable wistron....windows defender also....