Hotmail - attachment download

Solved/Closed
Dogsdiner - Aug 2, 2010 at 12:37 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 3, 2010 at 03:51 PM
Hello,
My hot mail attachments down load to a web based page and therefore I cannot save them into word why has this suddenly happened and can someone tell me how to solve it please.
G

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 2, 2010 at 05:52 AM
Dear Sir,

Please consider checking whether the files that you are loading are not too bulky and that you connection speed is alright.

Thanks.
No that's not it... I'm having the SAME problem with the NEW hotmail update...

You USED to be able to click on attachment links, at the top of emails, and download them. Now, they just pop into your email and when you click the attachment, it just zooms in. When you right click to save, it saves them in preset formats.

I'm similarly frustrated trying to figure out how to download them like I used to...
I am having exactly the same problem. I'm on a mac and had an email with 3 attachments (simple word documents) The only option to download is 'Download All' (on screen option) which then tries to download them to my Mac as a PC Zip file - useless. I can't right click the individual docs to download, or find anywhere else I can download to my laptop - the document just keeps opening in another firefox window.

This has been driving me mad! In the end I just forwarded the email to my Gmail account and download the doc from there!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Aug 3, 2010 at 03:51 PM
Greetings,

Seems to me that everyone now is experiencing the same issue which can only be corrected by Microsoft who often implements some weird changes without analysing the implications.

Regards
Blocked Profile
Aug 3, 2010 at 03:10 AM
Dear Sir,

Please click on Open With and select the word application and also consider checking whether the firewall is not restricting the task to be performed.

Thank you.