Brand new laptop wont turn on

Closed
crashed - Aug 5, 2010 at 06:01 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Aug 5, 2010 at 01:24 PM
Hello,

I bought Toshiba Satellite L505-10W a few months ago. It was totally working fine until now. Today when i came back from college, i turned on my laptop and it showed a black screen related to set up and reboot. I put in the recovery CD that i had got with the laptop and tried to restart. It restarted but the keyboard stopped working. I unplugged the battery and tried restarting again, the lights were on even though the screen was completely black. I tried the same procedure over again(unplugged the battery). ever since then the laptop wont turn on at all. But when I plug in the power supply, I do see a green light but nothing happens when I turn the on/button. Can somebody suggest me what exactly did go wrong with my laptop and how can i fix it? I am a student. I had all my data in the laptop. I cant just lose it like that. Help needed urgently.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 5, 2010 at 01:24 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/