Toshiba Laptop boots, shuts off black screen

Closed
RasConan Posts 2 Registration date Friday August 6, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 6, 2010 - Aug 6, 2010 at 04:49 AM
 rick - Oct 28, 2010 at 03:10 PM
Hello, I'm in need of help. My Toshiba Satellite Laptop shuts off after 5 seconds that I have turned it on, the green light showing that is has turned on is there and the battery is not empty. The screen is black, I don't even get the boot up screen. This had occurred when I put the laptop LCD screen down, closing it while the Laptop was still on. I removed my Wireless Mouse USB, and proceeded to wipe the laptop with some water. I opened the screen, it was all black and nothing happened so I turned it off via the power button and turned it on and so far this has been happening. I do have Warranty on it, but I want to see if I can fix it through the help of you guys.

The Laptop's OS is Windows 7.
Related:

3 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Aug 7, 2010 at 08:08 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on the below link and follow the instructions.

https://ccm.net/computing/hardware/1535-computer-boots-to-black-screen/

Good Luck.
Both screens were going black either during boot or shortly after. Green activity light showed machine was still booting, but screens would go black. Really scary.

See if there is an icon in the lower right icon tray. It will look like a blue monitor with gray screen. Between that and using Fn5 at boot, you should be able to bring your laptop and external screens back to life. Don't know why - but it worked for me after several frustrating hours. Perhaps I clicked on it by mistake and did something to it - everything's back to normal after 15 minutes now and both screens were going black either during boot or shortly after. Green activity light showed machine was still booting, but screens would go black. Really scary.
Oh Man! I take the above post back. No sooner did I post this than the laptop screen went black again, followed by the external monitor. Fn5 brings back the external, but laptop screen is still black. COULD THIS BE A DEAD or DYING BATTERY?