Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 Ultra GC Problem

Closed
harri-zone Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2010 - Aug 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM
harri-zone Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2010 - Aug 10, 2010 at 07:03 AM
Hello,
I have a Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 Ultra that I just got from ebay. You need to plug a cable like the one for the HDD when you install the hardware. I did that and when I finished installing the driver and rebooted the computer it says that I need to plug that cable in. Due to that the Video Card lowers its memory and I can;t play my games as good. Seems like the 32mb one i had before. [this is 128mb]. Please help. What should I do here? I re-checked and made sure that the cable is in and it is. It's just so confusing tome.
Thanks.
System:
CPU: 2Ghz
RAM:766mb
Graphic: 128mb
O/S:Win XP SP3

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 10, 2010 at 04:38 AM
Dear Harri-zone,

You actually need to have your PC upgraded. The problem might be coming from your RAM memory too. Please have the instructions to get the problem solved from the following Kioskea FAQ article.

http://ccm.net/faq/4254-upgrading-an-old-pc

Thank you.
harri-zone Posts 3 Registration date Tuesday July 14, 2009 Status Member Last seen August 10, 2010
Aug 10, 2010 at 07:03 AM
Or maybe is it the power supply.
I found this in the website you gave me.

Change of Power Supply

We must make sure your power supply is sufficient for these upgrades: new graphics cards consume much more than those of previous generations, a limited power at best will reboot your PC during a game ...
Similarly, if you changed the processor, the new can consume more.
Read this: choosing your power supply

I have 3 separate hard drives inside the desktop, one CD-RW and one floppy drive. So the power suppply supplies energy to those 5 things plus the graphic card. Might that be the problem? because it says that it's not sufficient not "not plugged"
harri-zone