Compaq c700 Laptop getting hot

Closed
judi - Aug 13, 2010 at 09:47 AM
 remesquaddie - Oct 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Hello,
I have a Compaq c700 laptop that in the past would get hot but work fine.
I could hear my fan running. Yesterday the computer would work but would lock up after a few minutes. I do not hear the fan.
It will power up start up everything and go to a page or start a process and power off.
Should I replace my fan.

Thanks
Judi

Related:

2 responses

Shubhajit Posts 19 Registration date Friday August 13, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 13, 2010 1
Aug 13, 2010 at 04:35 PM
HEY, I AM SHUBHAJIT ,

PLEASE OPEN THE BACK COVER OF UR LAPTOP, ONLY THE FAN SITE WHERE THE FAN SET(WHERE THE PROCESSOR IS PLACED IF U CAN'T FIND SEE THE MANUAL AND OPEN THEN USE SMAALL BRUSH AND CLEAN THE PLACE WHERE THE HOT-AIR BLOWING FROM) THERE U CAN SEE MANY DUST COVER THE SITE SO THE AIR COULD NT PASS.

THANKS,
I've just been through that myself. The answer is: the air inlet and probably he air outlet and the cooler fan on the microprocessor are loaded with dust and fluff.
I could not believe how much of this crap was inside those areas.Power the laptop off. Take the cover off the CPU area, and blow compressed air [ typically a can of air such as "DUST OFF"] , onto the fan, and both air inlets and outlets.
My laptop went from " I cannot bear the heat from the bottom of this laptop on my lap", to barely perceptable warmth.

If that does not do it, you have other more serious problems.