When did Adobe start to put such lousy products out on the market? I've never seen a product with so many FUNDAMENTAL issues ('cept maybe the first version of Netscape) as Photoshop/CS3.
Summary of issues I'v encountered:
1. If you have installed network printers, you will not e able to open more than one image at a time. This just occurs randomly.
2. to get around Photoshop's tendency to randomly stop opening images (open dialogue flashes then disappears), press "Esc" after the first attempt to open.This just occurs randomly
3. DON'T DARE accept automatic updates from Adobe. If you do, you're on your own. Nothing random about how often the apps get hosed by accepting automatic updates.
4. Chronically blow away you preferences. This doesn't actually do anything except waste time, but its the first thing Adobe and anyone else tells you. You may as well just start your computer, blow away your prefs, and start working...just make it a matter of habit.
3. To get Adobe to address these issues, which are WELL REPORTED, stand on one leg while counting backwards in ancient aramaic and holding a dead chicken by the neck and juggling no less than three balls with the other hand. Then hold down ctrl-alt-shift-F2-shiftQ-1-5-=delete-insert-esc-bang head one keyboard-Prnt Scrn- and sing the theme for Wizard of Oz. Hold breath 'til blue. repeat.
and I thought Macromedia was bad...