External speakers through laptop jack broke!

Closed
Dan - Aug 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM
 Dan - Aug 25, 2010 at 11:33 AM
Hello,
I've been playing music through my sony surround sound through an audio jack for about a year now and it's worked perfectly through all 5 speakers and a single sub.

Recently it's decided it now doesn't like me and now only plays music through the left hand channel, yet it comes out of the right speaker.

I've re installed the IDT sound driver it's playing through too.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Related:

1 response

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU MAY HAVE WORN THE AUDIO JACK OUT . DO YOU PLUG IN AND OUT ALOT IF SO THIS IS PRETTY COMMON HAPPENED TO ME ON MY IPOD AS WELL PAIN TO CHANGE THEM OUT BUT IT IS POSSIBLE BUT I WOULD TRY FIRST TO PUT IN A PAIR OF HEADPHONES AND SEE IF YOU GET BOTH SIDES TO WORK IF SO ITS NOT THE JACK ITS YOUR SPEAKERS
This is where it gets confusing as i always keep the jack in so cannot be worn, i also have two jack outputs and they both have the same result!

I've tried headphones and they work fine in the left and right channel. But also the surround sound works perfectly through the TV in all channels.

Im going to try and get another jack to jack wire to see if it's a faulty wire, which is the only thing i can think of that could be the problem!

Thank's dude