Lenovo can't detect wireless in UK

Closed
mat - Aug 27, 2010 at 01:49 AM
willjackson Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2010 - Aug 27, 2010 at 03:16 AM
Hello,

Last week I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge in Australia before travelling overseas. I first used it in the airport at Sydney & was able to connect to wireless networks without any problems. I then used it to connect to wireless networks in my hong kong hotel without any problems.

However since arriving in London it no longer seems to be able to detect any wireless networks, even though I know there are numerous ones available.

I have tried for 2 days to fix it but no luck. Any ideas?

Related:

1 response

willjackson Posts 4 Registration date Friday July 16, 2010 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2010 1
Aug 27, 2010 at 03:16 AM
Based on the information that you have provided there is a possibility that you have accidentally turn off the wireless switch of the laptop that is probably the reason why you cannot see any available wireless signal around you. You need to look for that wireless switch and turned it on you may try looking on the side panel or on the upper part of you keyboard of the laptop.