Storing previous result....

Closed
Andie - Sep 4, 2010 at 11:48 AM
venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 - Sep 4, 2010 at 09:54 PM
Hello,

This is probably ver simple but I cant figure it out. I have a sales spreadsheet that has Month Target and then lists each date in a month in column A, sales made that day in column B, the month to date target in column c (i.e month target divided by number of days elapsed so far in the month), and % against month to date and overall targets in columns d and e. So everyday I enter sales made that day in column b and the rest calculates itself. However what I would like to happen is any given days results for month to date percentage achieved at that time stays the same for that partiuclar day, what is happening is as I go forward through the month and enter each days sales it also changes all the previous days to the same as the current days results. Sorry if I've not explained this correctly, basically once a day has gone i would like to lock down the results data for that day so say on the 20th day of a month i can look back at the 5th day of the month and say 'on the 5th i was x% of target, now im y% of target' anybody help me?

1 response

venkat1926 Posts 1863 Registration date Sunday June 14, 2009 Status Contributor Last seen August 7, 2021 811
Sep 4, 2010 at 09:54 PM
I suppose row 1 has headings
a2 has date, B2 sales, C2 has got someformula, d and e are soem other data (not formula)
you have already entered data in row 2.
now copy C2 down. you will get some error message don't worry.
next day enter date etc on row 3 from A3,b3,d3,e3. automatically C3 will be filled.

another method

row 2 is filled . next day fill data in a3,b3,d3,e3
then in E3 hit control+D. This copied the formula in c2 into c3.

in either case on the next enter data in row no. 4 and go on like this

whichever you are comfortable with do it.