Dell 1525 volume change icon missing

Closed
Annoyed daughter - Sep 8, 2010 at 11:14 PM
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 - Sep 9, 2010 at 04:02 AM
Hello,

My father was messing around with my computer and the sound icon that appears when the volume is changed has disappeared.

I have tried to use the Quickset on my dell and have tried to change the volume on the windows mobility center because I have read that it would reactivate my volume change icon. However that has not worked.

I don't know if it has something to do with a Format that I have changed or some box that needed to be checked on the sound window. I am using the Sigma Tell High Definition Audio. Currently I have not enabled any enhancements and my format is 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD quality)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix my problem or even to restore all sound settings to default I would really appreciate your help!
Related:

1 response

closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Sep 9, 2010 at 04:02 AM
Hi there,

To get your volume icon back on system,press Start>Setting->Control panel>Sound and Audio Devices you will see in device volume a tick for Place Volume icon in the task bar.

Thanks