My computer does not recognize my Creative mp3

Solved/Closed
kim - Updated on Dec 22, 2018 at 08:23 AM
 Laz - Dec 20, 2018 at 10:46 PM
Hello,
I have a Creative zen v plus 2mg mp3 player. It recentaly had a problem where it would not do anything,even when I reset it. I fixed it by taking the battery out and then putting it back in. To do this I had to take it apart. Now when I plugged it in to my computer the computer will not reconize it. I have tried over ten diffrent usb cabels and none of them will work. The usb cabels are fine because they work with other things. I cannot but music on it or charge it. It works expect for this so whats the problem. Is it my usb jack on the mp3 player or what ? Did my taking it apart mess it up? Please help me. I � my mp3 players so i'm very unhappy when it doesn't work :( :( :(
System Configuration: Windows XP
Internet Explorer 7.0
Related:

9 responses

I had an issue with a creative zen. try the following:
  • Go to Control-panel->device manager. Click on 'portable devices' and the zen should be listed.
  • It may well have a warning sign on.
  • Right click and click 'Update driver software'.
  • Click 'Browse my computer for driver software'.
  • Then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  • There should be an option of 'mtp device'
  • Click that and then click 'next'.

That should reinstall the driver and your pc then pick up the zen device again.
I did not post the question but I encountered the same problem. Looking for help, I found your answer and it did help. Thank you very much, Bazaa.
hey I seen your post but when I go to control panel , there isnt a device manager option so is there another way or im outa luck?