I think I have a virus, help..

Closed
Kelly - Sep 26, 2010 at 08:52 PM
 buster p. keaton - Sep 27, 2010 at 04:32 AM
Hello,

I have a Mac version 10.4.11 and I think I may have picked up a virus from an external harddrive as now when I open Safari it tells me I am not connected to the internet and can't access any websites even though my D-Link and service provider all say they are connected. Has anyone experienced this same problem before or has any suggestions that will allow me access to the internet?

Related:

2 responses

buster p. keaton
Sep 27, 2010 at 04:31 AM
Don't worry too much. You probably don't have a virus. The fact that you can't connect to the internet is probably unrelated to the harddisk. I have not enough information to help you better, but it sounds like some setting has been inadvertently changed.
A good place to start might be here: go to the system preferences panel, choose "network", then "assistance", then "diagnostic info" and follow the steps (on your computer these things might be called slightly differently, I'm translating here). This might at the very least help you pinpoint the problem.
FatalBagel Posts 3 Registration date Sunday September 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 26, 2010
Sep 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM
I havnt experienced the problem, but mybe consider investing in a good Anti-Virus program? Sorry this isnt to much help.
buster p. keaton
Sep 27, 2010 at 04:32 AM
There are no known viruses for OS X. The only reason at this point for a Mac user to invest in anti virus software is as a courtesy to PC users.