Lost windows xp sp2 now can't download upgrad

Closed
cheryl - Dec 21, 2008 at 02:37 PM
nareen123 Posts 10 Registration date Tuesday April 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 - Dec 22, 2008 at 01:02 AM
Hello,

After my acer aspire 1501lc caught a virus I lost my internet connection and it basically corrupted the entire computer. I've had to restore the computer to it's original hardware, lost microsoft office (which was pre-installed) and now only have microsoft windows xp home edition sp1 version 2002.

I've tried downloading sp2 but each time it comes up with a message that the computer 'doesn't have the version it thought it had' and thats it.

In addition I've lost my wireless connection, email and at this point my will to live.

I feel like throwing the laptop out the window, but as I'm not a quitter I'm hoping someone out there might be able to help!

Thanks for your time.

Cheryl
Related:

1 response

nareen123 Posts 10 Registration date Tuesday April 15, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 29, 2009 8
Dec 22, 2008 at 01:02 AM
Hello,

Best is to provide yourself the original SP2 setup.

It will enables you will the lastest drivers and all devices of your system should be operating normally.

The error message that you are having is because the version of sp2 that you are downloading is not compatible with your actual OS.

Kind Regards;
nareen