Regular keys ABNORMAL functions

Solved/Closed
SIRAH - Sep 29, 2010 at 04:08 AM
 kalsoom - Oct 15, 2011 at 01:35 AM
Hello,
actually after restoring my lappi (HP dv6000) certain keys started functioning abnormallly such as:

R for RUN

L for LOCK

G for Sidebar

F for search box

M for Notepad

and few more

so i cant type these letters on my system though other things like games, movies work perfectly.

been using it fr 2 yrs...stilll need it urgently....so clueless abt wat to do....KINDLY SUGGEST
.....THANK U .

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 29, 2010 at 01:46 PM
GOTO->

START->ALL PROGRAMS->ACCESSORIES->SYSTEM TOOLS->SYSTEM RESTORE

IN THAT YOU WILL SEE ATLEAST TWO OPTIONS ON RIGHT SIDE i.e

o Restore my computer to an earlier time
o create a restore point

select 1st option and click next

now, you will see a small calendar to left select that date in calendar when your keyboard was working fine .

NOTE : only that date would get selected which u will see in dark colour which matches the day when ur keyboard was fine

now click next and next again .
your pc will shutdown and restart automatically after this
Hope this will work
actually i did a data recovery afetr removing hard disc as it was not turning on at all....whole screen was blank....so ater dat recovery i did the whole system restore.....its a brand new one.....now....with all norton subscription and everthing....so dont have an earlier point of time....

please...suggest...thanks alot for trying to help me...

hope i m clear with my problem.
actually i did a data recovery after removing hard disc as it was not turning on at all....whole screen was blank....so after data recovery i did the whole system restore.....its a brand new one.....now....with all norton subscription and everything....so don't have an earlier point of time....

please...suggest...thanks a lot for trying to help me...

hope i m clear with my problem
f8 nt working....aftr turning on i kept pressing....nothing happpened....also i came to knw no number keys are working....
i guess something serious ...
think its time to take it to service centre.
gosh.......
Blocked Profile
Oct 1, 2010 at 08:06 AM
u should keep pressing F8 just after u push the power button
kept pressing the f8 key for nearly 10 min....sorry alok999 i think its not taking the command suggested by u.

thank u btw
Blocked Profile
Sep 29, 2010 at 05:44 AM
undo the system restore
hw to undo the restore....someone told me its becoz of faulty keyboard setteings...but cud not do anyting kindly help.
Finally this issue with my comp has resolved, thanks a lot to alok999, suggested me exactly wat needed to be done.i.e uncheck the settings of STICKY keys in EASE OF ACCESS .... thanks again.
Blocked Profile
Oct 2, 2010 at 02:04 PM
Than you sirah for your believe and patience so patience is fruitful ha

It was my pleasure helping you TC
alok999 thanks......just pressed my window key and my keys have started to work normally..........thanks again.