Laptop not starting Please Help

Closed
learnin2fly - Sep 29, 2010 at 03:05 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 29, 2010 at 03:42 PM
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite 5105-S701 running Windows XP SP3. When I try to boot it up I get an error message saying "Media test failure" and instructs me to insert a "system disk" (which I don't have). I went to Toshiba.com who told me they no longer carry that particular disk. Also I've tried to boot hold the F8 key so I can boot it in safe mode but it won't even bring up screen to do that. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also, as a back-up I went to a website called "Triedandtruebargains.com" to check out their ad for a free laptop computer as I can't afford to buy one. They seem to have outstanding deals so I was wondering if anybody is familiar with them and could maybe give me some advise. Thanks again in advance.

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 29, 2010 at 03:42 PM
Hi there
As ur error msg is there are two possibilites
1 Your Hard Drive has crashed and u need to replace this cost may vary depending on size you prefer
2 Your hard drive is corrupted -- can be repaired

to find out which of these is the actual case u need a windows installation disk and try installing windows over it if you are successfull then your HardDrive was corrupt if not then you need to buy another Hard disk