Can't see hidden files

Solved/Closed
crazy_devil Posts 124 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 - Feb 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM
 umbertus - Mar 22, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Hello,

i got a monstrous problem concerning my hidden files, I can't see them anymore and when I enter in tools, folder options so as to click and see my hidden folders...it returns back to "do not show" any clue????

135 responses

u may b using portugal's version dat contain virus
i followed all steps in regedit, but at the end there is no such thing called checked value key... there is "value name key,default value key, h key root" bt no "checked value key"... wat to do??
no still i'm not able to set the folder properties to show all...Email Id removed for security
Lokesh-Laxkar
Jun 9, 2008 at 01:58 AM
HI
I have that solution u can donwload amvo.exe virus script in 5 minute u can see ur hidden files (Kill amvo.exe)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
yeh great its working

Thanks
sarah,

try right clicking on your destop screen and uncheck 'hide folders'. Hope that works.
No Dear It is not working :-(
hai friend! can you just "repare" the os
Thanks I was just looking for the soltion I found this but it has helped me
Big up to all the guys who contibute to it
hey man thanks I have done it, its solv my prob.
Hey man

It's definatly a virus, even if you run anti virus, this will not solve your problem necessarily. you may have got rid of the virus, but your registry files are damaged, in fact its a file in your registry called hidden. Replacing this file has helped me, but forgot where the registry location is. Start/ run/ regedit. its always wise to make a back up of you registries for times like these.
CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO REPAIR REGISTRY FILE...!!! Is this is the solution to del the virus????
Hi
I follow all the steps of regedit but nothing is to be done right. I have no hidden files but I now this is virus. and if an time I hide the file it will not shown. please help me.
pls do yaar
thanks alood
[[[[[(Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.)

and hen do this method

and also use repairing cd for registry]]]]]]]]]

I had the same problem and I followed the instructions, but when I set value to 1 (hexadecimal) in "Checked Value" and close registry editor, and go to any folder and enable to see hidden files and folders I still dont see them. And they I returned to the registry editor and I saw that the Checked Value is set to 0, and if I try to change it after I close registry editor it automatically sets the value to 0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....
thank you for all information
Hi every1...
I read every single post about this problem in here & did the registry modification but it just doesn't help.
I even went to "REGEDIT, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\explorer\Advanced" but mysteriously everytime I change the value of "Hidden" to 0 then go to folder, select "Show Hidden Files & Folders" & come back to the registry & refresh, the value is back to 1
I just scanned my computer with Norton (Latest definitions) got lots of virus nuked, but I think my registry is damaged.
I even downloaded & scanned my computer with "Hijackthis" but did not find any amvo. big problem ha?!
p.s.when I copied the registry entry made by gore & merged it to my registry, guess what, now the "Hidden" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\explorer\Advanced" started to show the value "2" instead of 1 !
any help would be highly appreciated.
Danong48 Posts 3 Registration date Monday July 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen July 9, 2008
Jul 9, 2008 at 08:34 AM
Read my post entry 166 first. It is definitely a spyware NOT a virus. They will keep on forever change your registry entry each time you change it if you do not destroy them first. You can try using HijackThis (Trend Micro) software (it's Free!) to locate their registry entry. You can post your registry to them to analyze. They have a forum where expert will analyze your log free of charge. Just read their instruction how to do that. There is a method to stop them from starting up in your startup services also if your computer load the malicious program each time it boots up. Go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and locate the suspicious services and under 'startup type' double-click and change it 'disable'. Of course you must know which services to disable first. Googled the description of the service to find out more if it is necessary or not or it is part of the malicious program. This way you will learn a lot. It happens to me a few time.
Formating your hard disk is a last resort but it's too drastic and you might never find out what hit you in the first place.
What happen if it occurs again? Your computer got hijack again? Learn how to deal with it by reading a lot. Sure boost your confidence if you manage to destroy them a few times.
HEY EVERYONE I THINK (I HOPE) I GOT A SOLUTION FOR ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!
GO TO THIS SITE & DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM & USE IT. IT'S CALLED SMART VIRUS REMOVER. ALTHOUGH ITS ABOUT 500 KB ! BUT IT LITERALLY SOLVED MY PROBLEM:
https://www.technize.com
gaurav sharma
Jun 30, 2008 at 02:49 AM
1. performed the following Steps but the modify key value reverts back to 0.
Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.)

5. restart my computer but my problem still u have any new solution pls send me
thankas
hi gaurav plz send me ur mail address

and yaar

98% logo ki problem solve hui hai meri method se now wht can I do 4 u?????

plz
tell me abt problem in brief ans send it to my mail
and u can also add me on orkut
plz
hey the hidden files resolution is really cool..................
it worked instantly ............
thanks a lot