Can't see hidden files

Solved/Closed
crazy_devil Posts 124 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 - Feb 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM
 umbertus - Mar 22, 2017 at 12:10 AM
Hello,

i got a monstrous problem concerning my hidden files, I can't see them anymore and when I enter in tools, folder options so as to click and see my hidden folders...it returns back to "do not show" any clue????

135 responses

Hi,

I have seen all the post and used all tricks that were discussed in this board but My issue is still there. My folder and files are hidden. When I click on my drive properties it shows me 680MB used but its doesn't show me anything.. I used all the solutions that were discussed on this board but no luck at all. I guess it is a virus and I found my register but its values are ok and scan my pin drive with many antivirus softwares but nothing.

Is there anybody there who can help me and solve my issue? I will be very thankful!

Thanks
mrslash Posts 159 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 45
Nov 10, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Thanx for all these replies I should keep this in mind
Ure unbeleivable...Thanx a million
THANKS AMIGO, WORKED LIKE A CHARM!

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
mention not bro..
aur koi help chahiye ho toh bata dena...
byee n tk cr
raghu41986@gmail.com Posts 16 Registration date Wednesday November 12, 2008 Status Member Last seen August 20, 2009 27
Nov 13, 2008 at 01:49 AM
log in through administrator then try same thing and u need to remove check points in hidden system files
http://www.pcmagics.com/category/virus-removal/
Provides step.. Worked for me :P
look guys I had same problem what I did was

(Go to Start --> Run, then type Regedit
2. Navigate to the registry folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHO WALL
3. Find a key called CheckedValue.
4. Double Click CheckedValue key and modify it to 1. This is to show all the hidden files.)

that should be it guys.. formating wont solve nothing on the begining cauze I tried ti 5 times and every time I get same error so good luck for all :)
Thanks so very much. This saved me having to reformat and reload!!! Worked like a charm.
If you want an easy solution for your problem visit this site: http://techrena.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-show-hidden-files-and-folders-in.html A detailed explaination is given there and anyone can solve the problem in seconds..
taAanXxXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxXXxxxXXXX
tan_QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
great!!! thanks a lot..now I can see my hidden files.. :)
percy8 Posts 125 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 5, 2009 47
Apr 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM
Hello ,

Ive experienced the same problem ! This is definitely a virus.

I'll advise you to download avira! It gonna track these shitty stuff for ya ;) But in the mean time be sure to make a back up of all your stuff or save partition !
hi I had the same problem where my hidden folder option never used to work and additionally my yahoo stopped working later on I had issues with opening of other drives as well like C:\ or D'\ or even a pen drive

i got my system reformated and lost all my data I thought it's better than loosing my system it worked well for two days then it came back to the same problem

i finally got rid of it with the help of combofix.exe u can find it on www.myantispyware.com

i think from what I herd this virus is being transmitted over broadband's

anyways I thought it might help

--Niti
ITS MALWARE NAMED KXVO.EXE it is very dangerous program because even you format your pc it is still there actualy there is stil no cure about that malware it is the new main problem. I hav this new software called reg run try them I heared it cleans even your bios try it.

-jhe