ASUS battery problem...

Closed
Dr.Kitty - Oct 1, 2010 at 10:08 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 1, 2010 at 01:24 PM
Hello, I have an Eee ASUS notebook(?) I believe...
Anyway, I was just on it uploading songs to my phone, when all of a sudden it shut down on me.
I left it for a good while thinking it had just over-heated, but when I went to turn it on at the normal time I thought it would take / has taken before, to cool down and get ready to start up again, it wouldn't.
I put in the power cord and it turned on. 'Bout time.
So, it loaded all up and I saw that the battery said I had practically no charge, yet before it shut down it had about half left. I decided to test the theory on whether or not it would turn off if I took the cord out, as a friend of mine said her computer would not work at all without the power cord in 24/7.
I tested the theory and the conclusion was; it shut off immediately.
My friend said when she told me that previous fact, that she needed to go and buy a new battery, and I've been told you should replace lap top/ notebook [whatever] batteries every 6 months...But they are like 600 bucks, aren't they? Anywho, I was just wondering if there is some way to fix this, or if I indeed am left to the fate of having to buy a new battery, or worse, a new computer... :/
Thanks.

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 1, 2010 at 10:15 AM
No other way
you need to buy another one and buy genuine part only orelse it would last 2months
closeup22 Posts 8923 Registration date Friday May 15, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2010 2,099
Oct 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM
Hi there,

You definitely need to purchase new batter and maintain it properly to increase lifetime,get tips for it from Faq:

http://ccm.net/faq/2365-maintaining-the-battery

Thanks
Blocked Profile
Oct 1, 2010 at 01:24 PM
hey, each battery has a life span and in order to be sure that the problem gets solved, you might have to get it replaced.