How to recover lost documents

Closed
lost in mayhem - Oct 9, 2010 at 03:24 PM
 lost in mayhem - Oct 9, 2010 at 07:53 PM
Hello, my computer was acting up and suggested i reboot to last known good config. my daughter decided to hit okay and when asked if she wanted to back up files she clicked no. however it restored it back to factory settings, i lost everything. my like lost alot of documents she has for work, the pics and others i had already put on disk but the documents is what i really need. is there anyway to get the documents back after it was restored to factory setting? please helo\p

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 9, 2010 at 04:17 PM
Hello,

Try this 1.

If you have accidentally deleted any files from your Windows Computer, Recycle

Bin, Digital Camera Card, MP3 player, iPod, if you've formatted a drive then you

can recover the deleted files using a free application named "Recuva".

Click on the below link and download the file.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/5003-recuva/

Perform "Deep Scan".

Good Luck.
lost in mayhem
Oct 9, 2010 at 05:23 PM
once i down load that i go to do a deep scan but what drive to i do since the factory restore there are no documents. i know that the d drive is almost full an di dont think it should be if it should be if its back to factory settings
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 9, 2010 at 05:35 PM
Hello,
Install that application and follow the instructions. Select the drive where you have saved the files. Most probably will be your OS drive (C-Drive). If you have saved the files in my documents then you can select the option my documents or select the drive.
Good Luck.
lost in mayhem
Oct 9, 2010 at 07:53 PM
its only showing the documents from when it did the reboot. do not see any old documents anywhere so i take it that its completely lost