Doesnt work on dell inspiron 1545 0036

Closed
mannna - Oct 10, 2010 at 08:36 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Oct 10, 2010 at 09:00 AM
Hello,

i tried wht you guys have suggest tht change the sata config to ata ..bbut ones i do that the computer doesnt tend to start up..i keep getting error like a recent change in ur hardware or software may have cuased this problem. and asks me to do memory check up which takes like ages..and if i change it back to achi it works fine
can anyone give me all the steps to install XP into my dell 1545 which has a preinstalled windows7
thanks in advance guys
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 10, 2010 at 09:00 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Download nlite software & install it
https://www.nliteos.com/download.html

2) Download SATA Driver from this link
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/17413/eng/f6flpy3288.zip

After downloading ---> right click on f6flpy3288 file--->select "Extract to

f6flpy3288\" (Note : You can use winrar to extract the files)

3) Place the "Windows xp" cd in the drive.

4) Open nlite application---> click on "Browse" and navigate it to your cd drive

that contains xp cd placed in that drive. ----> then it asks you where to save the

files ----> just navigate to your desired location ---> click on "New Folder" button

and select that folder --->click on OK---> Now it copies the windows xp files. After

that click on Next--->Next.

5) In task selection --->Click on "Drivers" and "Bootable ISO" options -->click on

"Next"

6) Now click on "Insert" ---> click on "Multiple Folder"----> Navigate to the driver's

extracted location and select the folder "f6flpy3288" ---->Click on "All" button--->

----->Click on "OK"--->in "Text mode integration options", Select all the drivers

and click on OK--->Click on "Next".

7) Click on "Yes" to start the process. Then click on "Next".

8) In "Mode" option select your choice whether you want to make image or burn

it to cd.

9) If you want to make ISO file then click on "Make ISO" button

10) After burning this slipstream xp, now try to install it.

Good luck.