Internet on laptop cant work

Closed
Enternet - Oct 11, 2010 at 04:55 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Oct 12, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Hello,

i have 2 laptops in my house. my first laptop (windows 7) works with my modem, but when i connect my other laptop (windows xp), it says that it's connected to the internet it doesn't connect hien i use internet explorer, when i checked the local area connection thing it said that it recieved like 20 packets and sent like 200. I've tried nearly everything, and i need serious help. I'm pretty much like a gaming nerd but i'm not that tech savvy, so please help.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 12, 2010 at 12:21 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

1) Make sure that IP address and DNS server was set to obtain the address

automatically .

Click on Start --> In search box, type ncpa.cpl and press "Enter"

If you are using wired network then right click on your local area connection icon

or if you are using wireless network, then right-click on wireless network icon --->

Select "Properties" ---> scroll down and double click on "Internet

Protocol[TCP/IP]" . Make sure that

"Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically"

options are selected.

2) Click on Start --> In search box, type cmd and click on OK. Now enter this

command

ipconfig/all and press enter.

Make sure that IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers

are having addresses.

3) Internet Explorer :

Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon---->Click on "Properties"---> Click on

"Connections" tab-->Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all the

options, if you notice any option selected.

Good Luck.