After XP theme installation not working pc

Closed
Neringa - Oct 15, 2010 at 11:20 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Oct 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Hi. Sorry for my english. but ill try to explain whats happend. maybe you can help me. i done all this things >. copy files in to C:\ WINDOWS\ System32. rename uxtheme.dll in to rename uxtheme.dll.old and so on. But the problem is :
when i restart my computer , i chose my account , and opens only wallpaper , without icons, without any think... only wallpaper and mouse. by the way mouse is moving but nothing more. and when i push some button opens table and there are writen: THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE UxTheme.dll was not found .RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THIS PROBLEM. Now i cant use my laptop..please help me.
Related:

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 16, 2010 at 01:02 AM
Hello,

Try "System Restore".

When only the wallpaper appears then hold the Ctrl, Alt keys and press the

Esc key --> "Windows Task Manager" will be opened --> Click on File -->

New Task --> Type C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui and press Enter.

"System Restore" window will be opened. Now try to restore your PC.

Good Luck.
Blocked Profile
Oct 16, 2010 at 06:17 AM
Please get your system repaired using your installation cd and hence get free of the trouble.
I dont have installation cd. and it is EEE PC without CD-ROOM.

Jack4Rall I do it, all what you say...but the problem is unsolved. after the system restore problem is still same. opens table THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE UxTheme.dll was not found .RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THIS PROBLEM.
maybe i do something wrong , i dont no. But when i was restoring my system , there i have to chose 1) RESTORE MY COMPUTER TO AN EARLIER TIME 2) CREATE A RESTORE POINT 3) UNDO MY LAST RESTORATION. i chose 1)!
There is a calendar , i have to chose bold date. but i can chose only this day date. i do it.. then my system restores, pc restart and nothings change...
Thank u for your help Jack4Rall , but maybe you can help me more...
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Oct 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Hello,

Try this 1.

Since your have renamed uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.dll.old try to change it back to

uxtheme.dll. Follow the below instructions.

When only the wallpaper appears then hold the Ctrl, Alt keys and press the

Esc key --> "Windows Task Manager" will be opened --> Click on File -->

New Task --> Type cmd and press Enter. Command Prompt will be opened.

Now type the following command.

cd\ ----> Press Enter.

Now the prompt changes to C:\>

Now type the following command.

windows\system32 ----> Press Enter.

Now the prompt changes to C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Now type the following command to rename uxtheme.dll.old to uxtheme.dll.

ren uxtheme.dll.old uxtheme.dll ---> Press Enter.

Now try to restart your laptop.

Good Luck.