Windows 7 wireless won't recognize XP Wired

Closed
basketcase - Oct 31, 2010 at 03:39 PM
 dpbrick - Oct 5, 2011 at 06:50 PM
Hello,
I have been trying to resolve an issue for 2 weeks now. I have two desktops that are both running XP and are both WIRED computers. I have an ethernet router and it is connected to my cable/internet/telephone modem. I also have a new desktop running Windows 7 and it is Wireless. I have it connected to a wireless router that is also connected to the same cable/internet/telephone modem. I cannot get my Windows 7 computer to recognize my XP wired computers on a network. I have changed it to workgroup instead of home group, i have changed the encryption settings to a lower setting so it would see the XP computers. I have changed the workgroup name. I would like to be able to share my printer with all of these. Now...what is really interesting is that I also have a wireless laptop and I can get it to see the XP computers and the Windows 7 computer, of course on different networks, but at least it will see them all. PLEASE help!
Signed,
BASKET CASE!!
Related:

1 response

I don't know how old your question is because I can find no posting dates here. But I had the same problem, essentially, except connecting to a Windows domain using Windows 7 Home Premium. What I had to do is go to the Network and Sharing Center and in the second section down where it says "View your active networks", mine was set on "Work" -- which made sense since it is a work network. But I had to change it to "Home". Then everything worked fine. Give it a try and see if it works for you.