GTA 4: Cars run automatically? :-o [Solved/Closed]

kk_1111 1 Posts Friday November 5, 2010Registration date November 5, 2010 Last seen - Nov 5, 2010 at 05:24 AM - Latest reply:  a13124
- Jan 27, 2017 at 06:12 PM
Whenever I enter into a car (to drive), first I see smoke coming out of the engine** and the car gets accelerated automatically. This really irritates. Also, most of the times, Niko staggers even though he isn't drunk. These make game so very uncomfortable to play.
How can I fix these problems?

Thanks in adv.!
See more 

16 replies

Best answer
pcsces 3722 Posts Thursday May 14, 2009Registration date September 13, 2012 Last seen - Nov 5, 2010 at 05:36 AM
Thank you
Hi,

Its a bug on the game,try theses to fix:

*Unplug any DirectInput controllers like gamepads, joysticks and so on....
* Reboot your computer then lauch the game,IF by this there is no improvement try this one:

Exit game,press Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware Tab->Device Manager->Human Interface Devices,locate and delete drivers for the devices then relaunch the game.

Thanks

Thank you, pcsces 14

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1900 users this month

its dont work can u help me please!!!!!! when I sit on car the smoke will come from engine and than its run automaticaly
same problem here
Thiz workz !! Try to open GTA IV launcher.exe on gta 4 folder
Add me on face book for more - Charles joz
Delete the paul.dll game will create new file but bug will be gone for long time, though every time this bug appears complete this step it'll fix the problem.
I have problem my Launcher.exe wont open
Thank you
yea I to had it. it nothing but it is slightly cracked reinstalling with compability toolkit 4.1 can fix it.
Dear Kishan, where and how do I find the compability toolkit 4.1 ?
aakai1056 66 Posts Thursday May 15, 2008Registration date April 5, 2011 Last seen - Nov 5, 2010 at 08:55 AM
Thank you
Hello ,

Try to download the latest official patches, maybe it should help in fixing your issues.

http://ccm.net/faq/1929-grand-theft-auto-iv-gta4-bugs
pcsces 3722 Posts Thursday May 14, 2009Registration date September 13, 2012 Last seen - Nov 5, 2010 at 02:47 PM
Good one aakai1056 did not notice this on Faq,

Thanks
Muhammad M.Zaman - Jan 24, 2011 at 09:49 AM
Thank you
I had face the same problem. How ever I overcome it. For you my suggestion is don't save the game when you are in cousins apartment. If it don't work, then start the car from the beginning (from the port) don't follow the road map drive different way. Make a lot of crime. Then after hero's death drive accordingly.

I think it will help you.
how to kill the heroo
it dont works when u remove all device human resorses
try this...

its will helpful......

https://kickass.so/gta-iv-crack-activation-no-dvd-without-drunk-camera-t434385.html
Thank you
prakash kk