Help me in find a solution

Closed
Blizz - Dec 30, 2008 at 05:27 AM
 Blizz - Jan 16, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Hello,
I would like to know what Windows Xp operating system can be installed on my HP530 (vista) also what is the setup password to access the estup panel pls. The other day i tried installing windows Xp SP 2 and it kept telling me it was a lower version and iam tired of the vista. so pls somone tell me how.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM
Think twice about this change. I would recommend only a very experienced PC professional do this conversion. You will need to track down the drivers for SATA, video, sound, modem, network, and special keyboard. The big problem is with the SATA hard drive - The copy of Windows XP that you have probably does not support SATA and will not even find the hard drive when you try to install. Microsoft also keeps track of the Windows XP serial numbers and will NOT let you install one copy on two computers. Google "SATA and Windows XP" for more information.
Sorry for replying you late, I have a lot of things on my hand. Well my recent challenge is that i have a DELL VOSTRO 500 and the LAN Card is not detecting the cable. I downloaded a conexant driver from the dell website which was recommeded for my particular laptop and up till now the problem is still persistent. What is wrong with the modem and how can i rectify the problem? Pls iam awaiting your response and the wireless connection seems not to be working too. Please send me you thought.