Netgear Router Issues

Closed
Prototype 7 - Dec 4, 2010 at 09:10 PM
 Uh8me - Dec 10, 2010 at 06:06 PM
I am using a Toshiba Satellite that has Windows 7 64 bit and an Atheros WLAN card. I am having trouble joining a Netgear WGT624 wireless router. There are 2 other laptops operating in the same location as mine. One being a Windows XP powered Compaq and the other being a Leopard powered MacBook. So clearly the issue is with my WLAN card or OS. I am able to connect to other wireless networks in multiple locations so my WLAN card does function properly with the exception of joining the Netgear router. There is no encryption on any of the networks I am trying to join and my WLAN settings for IPv4 and IPv6 are set to auto obtain. I have tried updating the drivers on my computer and the device manager informs me that I have the most up to date drivers. I have been trying to solve this problem on my own for the past 3 days so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Related:

1 response

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665 and a Netgear WNDR3300 and have the same issue. My wifes Macs connect just fine. I talked to Toshiba, sounded like India, and their response was that it's a Netgear issue. I Called Netgear, also India, and they want $ 65.00 for six months support. I can connect with a neighbors Belkin just fine. Sounds like it's a Netgear issue. POS!