Blank screen when start up

Closed
BabyCakes97 - Dec 6, 2010 at 05:35 PM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Hello, i have a Toshiba Satellite C650-15Z, about a month ago i was on my laptop as normal the battery died when i pluged it in and turned it on it came up insertboot disk, i turned it off and on it came up with safe mode,safe m with comand prompt,safe m with internet and start up as normal i went on start up normal and it went to a blank screen with only the mouse, now when i turn it on it comes up with a blank screen and a little line in the top left corner and wont do nothing else please help if you can any advise is better than no advise

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 6, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Dear Sir,

I will be first be advising you to remove the battery out, putting it back and turning on the laptop.

In the case, it does not work, then use your installation disk to have your system repaired. The problem sould then be coming from missing or corrupted system files.

Boot your laptop with the installation disc and upon the menu display, please R to get the system repaired.

Please hit back if ever the problem does not get solved for further help.

Kind regards.
i did not get any disk with my laptop but my brother got a xp disk i am not sure if it will work or not i have tried taking out the battery 3 time but it has not work i'm stuck with the same problem and i have tried 3 or 4 different solutions now
Blocked Profile
Dec 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM
Hi again BabyCakes97,

While you set your post as solved, I thought that you had already tried the solution that was provided but seems that you are missing the Repair Disc. You are totally welcomed.

You can easily create a Repair Disc through these steps that have been provided in the Kioskea FAQ section.

http://ccm.net/faq/8788-create-a-repair-disk-on-windows-7

Thanks and have a nice day.