Windows XP not loading

Closed
NannyBrook - Dec 21, 2010 at 01:40 PM
 Anonymous User - Dec 31, 2010 at 03:38 AM
Hello, I have been away from home for a few days during a freezing weather spell. When I returned and switched on my PC it started up as normal but got no further than 'Windows XP is loading......'. I tried again and got a message explaining that the PC had not been turned off correctly (although I had turned it off in the usual way)
and gave several options to access Windows XP. Non of these methods has been successful. Can you help me to get my Windows XP back again please? I am anxious not to lose all my family photos and documents and Itunes collection.
With many thanks - NannyBrook

. Windows 7 / Internet Explorer 8.0</config>
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Dec 21, 2010 at 02:40 PM
Good evening, for you are away during a freezing weather, I advise you to open your machine and gently clean the various components of your CPU (RAM, fan, components that are on the motherboard), with a dry cloth. Once done, restart your pc to see if the problem persists.
PS: remember to unplug the power sector.
Frappes ta tête contre une cruche. Si tu obtiens un son creux, n'en déduis pas que c'est forcément la cruche qui est vide!
Thank you Bionik - I cannot do what you suggest until tomorrow - I will get back to you then if that is OK.
Thanks again - nannybrook
Anonymous User
Dec 21, 2010 at 03:18 PM
You're welcome, ok let me know!
Bionic, I will wipe my PC as soon as possible and get back to you.
Merci et Joyeux Noel :-)
NannyBrook
Anonymous User
Dec 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM
Ok,
Joyeux Noël à vous aussi!
Hi- I have dried the inside of the PC but still no success in loading Windows XP. Now I am keeping the pc in a warm room for a few days to see if that helps, If you have any ideas to help I will be pleased.
With thanks NannyBrook
Anonymous User
Dec 31, 2010 at 03:38 AM
Hi there,

Try this:

- Remove battery, unplug power, hold power button for 60 seconds, turn on computer with power plug only, then shutdown, add battery and restart

Regards