Not able to download anything to my computer

Closed
lostindwnld world - Dec 26, 2010 at 01:28 AM
 Anonymous User - Dec 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Hello,

<config>Windows XP / Internet Explorer 8.0</config...when clicking on download on itunes, it prompts the Active X and i allow it, i hit run it starts running the program then i receive a Security Warning message stating: Windows has found a problem with this file.
Name: iTunesSetup.exe
Publisher: Unknown Publisher

When i click ok it stops the download. this is happening with everything i try to download. It also has some error message that said: NSIS...Installer integrity check has failed.

Please somebody help....tx
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Dec 26, 2010 at 07:34 AM
Greatings,
First off a little m ore information.

Can you access websites other then this one your trying to download from? Can you download from those other websites? (Rule out a website issue)

Try flushing your DNS
go to START > RUN > Type "CMD" > Press Enter(On your keyboard) > type " ipconfig /flushdns" then type "ipconfig /registerdns"

That should refresh the DNS. Then what were going to do is a general 'Reset' on your Internet Exploder 8 (IE8). Launch Internet Explorer (Your web browser) and go to "Tools" In the menu bar. (By the top address bar normally) Select "Internet Options". This wil;l open the options for IE8. Select the "Advanced" tab. Its on the top by the other tabs. Under the Advanced tab select "Reset". A pop-up will ask if your sure and a summary of the reset. Check the box "Delete personal settings" then click "OK"

After it finishes it will state you need to close the browser for the settings to take affect. Go ahead and close the web browser.

Reopen IE8 and try to download something. If you get the same message, hold "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" on your keyboard (No do not hold the "+" thats just soemthing we use to indicate all 3 at the same time) This will open task manager. Another way to open task manager is to right click your task bar and select task manager.
once task manager is open, select the "Processes" tab. Sort the processes by name by selecting "Name" or "image Name". Look down in the "G" area for a program called "gamevance" or "gamevance32.exe" If you see this you have got some adware on your computer. Sadly this stops IE from working correctly. You can end the task int he processes and IE should start working correctly again. You will need to remove the adware from your system if you dont want to have to do this every tiem you try IE.
lostindwnld world
Dec 26, 2010 at 11:30 AM
i did what you said and i still can download Itunes. I'm not able to download anything from any website. the error that comes back is that is a Security Waning: Windows have found a problem with this file....it has the name of the file and then it will say unknown publisher.

What is NSIS installer intergrity check has failed?
Anonymous User
Dec 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM
Scan for viruses to make sure that some malware isn't screwing with your settings.

Download "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" from the below link.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Update it and perform "Full Scan"

After that try to redownload iTunes from your web browser!