Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare keeps freezing

Closed
kamikaze - Dec 30, 2010 at 07:23 PM
vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 - Apr 13, 2011 at 05:55 AM
Hi,I have call of duty 4 modern warfare on my PC.I enjoyed the game but there is one problem.After I played the single player or the multiplayer for at least 10 minutes.It kinda freezes or go frame by frame very slowly.can somebody please help me.
Related:

2 responses

vista.ultimate.64 Posts 211 Registration date Sunday October 3, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 18, 2013 38
Dec 30, 2010 at 08:14 PM
hello,

whats your systems specifications? and your operating system? If you're running XP, you can go to start > run and type 'dxdiag' to view your system specs if you're not sure. for vista or 7, type dxdiag in the search at the start menu.

Or change the priority. this is shown below

AFTER you run the game, press Alt + Tab and then bring up the task manager (Ctrl+Shift+ESC or Ctrl+Alt+Del or right click on the task bar and select task manager) and find the game under the applications tab. Then right click on it, and click 'Go to process'. then you should have ispWsp.exe or ispWmp.exe (or something like that, I cant remember offhead), and right click on this aswell. Then select 'Set priority > high' DO NOT SELECT REALTIME. IT CAN CAUSE ISSUES WITH THE SOUND and reduce system stability. Good luck
Its a windows 7 home premium I tried the 2nd suggestion that you gave me but it didn't work
the cd has a problem