How do I unhide Users, Libraries & Favorites

Closed
hedups Posts 4 Registration date Sunday December 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2011 - Jan 8, 2011 at 08:06 PM
hedups Posts 4 Registration date Sunday December 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2011 - Jan 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM
In trying to access AppData for the main user (in Windows 7) I somehow managed to hide the Users folder and now none of it shows at all (!!???). I tried to unhide it by selecting Show Hidden Files and Folders, View option, but hasn't worked.
Also (as a result no doubt) now the Libraries and Favorites folders don't show their contents either.
My other older HDD running Vista clearly shows the Win7 Users folder and all its content and subfolders.
Is there a fix that doesn't call for a restore point (doesn't work) or restoring a backup or image file (don't have either). Help!!!!!!!!!!!

1 response

Blocked Profile
Jan 8, 2011 at 08:41 PM
Hi,

you could try browsing to the users folder

start > run > type "C:\users\username and creating a shortcut to this within C:\users

if you dont know the username just hit the windows key and it will say at the top right.

also, i dont know if this hot fix applies to you:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/326549/you-cannot-view-or-change-the-read-only-or-the-system-attributes-of-fo
hedups Posts 4 Registration date Sunday December 12, 2010 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2011
Jan 9, 2011 at 12:45 AM
I managed to get 2 software providers entries up under c:\users\username\AppData\roaming with limited content (one being Microsoft), but that's all.
The hot fix doesn't apply to me.
I'm still stumped but thanks anyway.