Sound device not working properly....

Solved/Closed
Blocked Profile - Jan 9, 2011 at 11:48 PM
 gulshad - Jun 22, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Hello,
This is Don. I had problems with my computer just recently. Lots of problems w/ registry etc. I would also lose my sound device functioning while logged on the computer. My hard drive finally crashed and I just reinstalled Windows XP. Installed all updates...took hours! lol.....however, now there is no sound coming from my speakers. I checked the device and it is saying that I can not play any media files because the sound device is either missing or not working properly. I tried looking for drivers to correct this problem. Can't seem to get it right. I think the sound device is Legacy. Can anyone help! Please Help!
DA

Related:

2 responses

mazloum10 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2011
Jan 9, 2011 at 11:52 PM
Hi, you might not have the driver, please access device manager.

TO do this:
- Right-click My Computer, click Manage, and then click Device Manager.

Look for any YELLOW or RED Shields with an Exclamation mark or Cross.

If there is, right click and install the driver.
Please tell me how you go.
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM
Tried this. There is a yellow question mark n exclaimation mark next to Multimedia Audio Controller, Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller, and Video Controller (VGA) Compatible. I was able to correct the problem w/ all except Multimedia Audio Controller. When trying to install the updated driver for this, a message came up saying...."wizzard was unable to locate the necessary software." Still can not play any media.
DA
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2011 at 12:33 AM
Thanx for quick response!
DA
mazloum10 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday January 9, 2011 Status Member Last seen January 10, 2011
Jan 10, 2011 at 01:35 AM
Yes, right click on the Yellow shield, and go on properties.
On the bottom it should tell you to re-install. Click that and see if it works
Blocked Profile
Jan 10, 2011 at 02:16 AM
tried this. still says software can not be found! Only on this one! In the category of Sound......everything says working properly! Shows the driver for sound and video is Legacy and it is working properly. The yellow messages are shown under other devices.
DA
headphone and speaker working gather
when I connect headphone sound out both site