Acer aspire one won't come on

Closed
alantby - Jan 26, 2011 at 02:39 AM
 DustuCheyley - Jan 30, 2011 at 08:37 PM
Hello,

Pls i have an aspire one that won't come on. when it is powered on, the screen remains black but the fan is on but no other activity seems to be going on. i tried working through the steps listed in this forum but none has worked. presently, the system does not stay on when plugged into power. it shuts down after like 5 seconds and its until the battery is resited and not plugged in power that it works.

please anyone with a sugestion

Related:

2 responses

I had similar problem, my acer zg5 won't stay longer than a minute, or two (usually before even welcome screen comes). Turns out that the fan was kind of jammed (I disassembeled and clean the fan and resit everything and it never shutdown). However, your case is little different and I guess previous answer may point you to the right direction. Good Luck
sounds like a power distribution problem not exactly an easy trouble shoot i recommend buying a new one since it would be cheaper to replace an acer aspire 1 then trying to fix it. if you do end up going to a geek to fix it he would prolly recommend replacing the board which would disable your blue tooth perm.