Headphones on laptop won't work

Closed
Matt - Jan 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM
xploreraj Posts 23 Registration date Sunday November 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2011 - Jan 31, 2011 at 03:45 PM
Hello,

My headphones/mic won't work on my laptop/

Actually that's not quite true, the mic still seems to be ok - it's just the audio that's not working.

The audio is fine through the laptop speakers but when I plug the green/pink bits into their respective ports, the audio cuts out from the laptop speakers (good) but doesn't come through to my headphones (bad).

Weird thing is they used to work so at some point something has changed.

I think the problem is that my laptop doesn't even recognise me plugging in/unplugging the headphones/mic (they're all in one).

Can anyone help?

Matt

Related:

1 response

xploreraj Posts 23 Registration date Sunday November 8, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 2, 2011
Jan 31, 2011 at 03:45 PM
Try a different thread with similar problem: https://ccm.net/sound-image/audio/1695-no-sound-from-laptop-headphone-jack/

Restart your system, and try again. Try other headphones also.

Else...

Right click on "My Computer", then "Manage". Under "System Tools", find "Device Manager". Open it by double-clicking it. Then, click on "Sound, video and game controllers".
Check whether there is yellow colored question marks (?). If it is, then there is problem with device. Then double-click on the device that is not working under that option.

There will be three tabs in the dialog box that opens, viz., "General", "Driver" and "Details". Click on the "Driver".

Then try updating the driver by clicking on "Update Driver" through Internet.

If update is there, install it and restart the system. It should work.

However, if it does not, then feel free to click on "Roll Back Driver". That should restore it, and this normally works for almost most cases.

Hopefully that helps.

Regards,
xploreraj