Macro to copy data from pivot table

Closed
Excel Learner - Feb 26, 2011 at 01:50 AM
rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 - Feb 27, 2011 at 05:30 PM
Hello,
I have created a macro that creates a pivot table from set of raw data and performs some calculation on that data. Then I have to filter the data based on the calculation and I want to copy the filtered data from pivot table to another sheet. The no of rows are different every day and the macro must copy the entire data. Can someone plz help.

1 response

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Feb 27, 2011 at 05:30 PM
First copy the pivot table and paste as values to a new sheet. use macro recorder to record your actions. then you need to customize the recorded macro. since you say that row would change , you need to find out what is the new row count is.

you can use these two functions for finding out number of rows and columns on sheet that are in use

Function getLastRow(sSheetName As String) As Long
' get last use row on the sheet

Dim Cell          As Range

Set Cell = Sheets(sSheetName).Cells.Find("*", Cells(1, 1), , , xlByRows, xlPrevious)

If Cell Is Nothing Then
      getLastRow = 0
   Else
      getLastRow = Cell.Row
   End If
   Set Cell = Nothing

End Function

Function getLastColumn(sSheetName As String) As Long
' get last use row on the sheet

Dim Cell      As Range

Set Cell = Sheets(sSheetName).Cells.Find("*", Cells(1, 1), , , xlByColumns, xlPrevious)

If Cell Is Nothing Then
      getLastColumn = 0
   Else
      getLastColumn = Cell.Column
   End If
   Set Cell = Nothing

End Function