Sims 2 dowload through ED Manager

Solved/Closed
kjcarroll24 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday January 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2009 - Jan 7, 2009 at 07:00 PM
 ada - Jul 4, 2010 at 06:02 PM
Hello, I have been trying to download Sims 2 from the EA Download Manager. The file is 4.3 GB but it won't download past 4.0 GB. The error reading says "Your PC does not have enough space to download this game. Please free up some space on your hard drive and try downloading again". I do have 16.5 GB available. I have tried multiple times saving to my "C", "D" & external drive with the same result each time. Any help would be appreciated, I spent $25 to dowload the game! Thank you!
Related:

4 responses

If you have a FAT drive, it can't hold files greater than 4.0 GB. Upgrade the drive to NTFS to remove that limit.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 7, 2009 at 07:13 PM
go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - SYSTEMS TOOLS - DISK CLEANUP select this option and let it clean your hard drive. This should get more space on your computer.
kjcarroll24 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday January 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2009
Jan 7, 2009 at 07:30 PM
Thanks but I did try that already. I even transferred all the files on my "c" drive to an external drive and tried to download again, still same result. Could there be some kind of filter on my pc that will not let me download a file larger than 4G?
jman > kjcarroll24 Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday January 7, 2009 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2009
Feb 21, 2009 at 06:07 AM
hi you have to download the sims to file made of a website and then you just drag the files in to the mades garden and you do it a couple of times and i workes
What? What are you trying to say? Did you read the original post? I am having this same issue.
Try to make a folder on your User at your desk board and save the files there.

My Computer >>> Hard Driver (C) >>> Documents and Settings >>> (Your User Name) >>> Desk Board >>> Folder you created and save.

If you have tried that and you still get the same error..then you might lack the room the game require.

Even if you got 16.5Gb try to remove programs you are not using then try again.

Cause some games require over 20-40Gb of free space included the space the game need to install.
to download with EADM, did you use a 16 character code?
I have a valid 20 characters code for Sims 2 Double Deluxe (I know it's valid because I managed to register the game) and EADM says the product key is not good and I can't download the game :(