Recovering data from an external HD

Closed
Odd Job - Jan 9, 2009 at 02:25 AM
 Odd Job - Jan 10, 2009 at 06:45 AM
Hello,
Pls help. I was using a faulty USB cable and now my external drive data isn't recognised. It also fell over, but I dont think there is any physical damage to the HD. The computer recognises it correctly but does not assign a drive. I've gone into computer management - Disk Management and the HD is found but no drive letter has been alllocated and the system is described as RAW. When I assign a drive letter to it the computer states that it requires formating to be used. Are there any programs that can sort out the file system. I think it should be a NTFS system not FAT32 please caan someone confirm if this is correct.

Thanks in advance =)
Related:

2 responses

The problem is that I have over 300 GB of data most of which I really need. Do you know what the factory settings would be on an external system FAT32 or NTFS? Whats the best way to re-establish the file system so that i can retreave my data?
narutolegend Posts 10 Registration date Tuesday August 26, 2008 Status Member Last seen March 31, 2009 6
Jan 9, 2009 at 03:48 AM
hi,
you should format your drive to the NTFS format then it will be rocognised by your computer!