Integrating free download manager [Solved/Closed]

hamdi_shtay 22 Posts Monday March 15, 2010Registration date November 8, 2013 Last seen - Mar 30, 2011 at 08:25 PM - Latest reply:  A User
- Jun 7, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Hello,

i downloaded free download manager but I observed that google chrome and mozila firefox does not integrated with the fdm , is there any option to choose whether from browser or from fdm options to make download easier ?

thanks
See more 

14 replies

Best answer
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Mar 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM
Thank you
Greetings,

Follow these steps:

Integrating Free Download Manager with Google Chrome:

1-After installing Free Download Manager (FDM) close any browsers opened, open FDM press Ctrl+o or from Options menu in FDM click Settings.

2-On the left side in settings below Downloads select Monitoring on the right pane select or check Google Chrome and click OK to save changes.

Integrating Free Download Manager with Firefox

FDM will pick up downloads from Firefox browser automatically if Firefox was installed after FDM provided "Firefox" has been selected or enabled under Monitoring in FDM settings.

But it is not possible because all users are supposed to using Firefox and other browsers since they installed operating system.So if you installed FDM after Firefox then you need right click on the download link and select "Copy Link Location" and make sure "Clipboard" is selected under Monitoring along with "Firefox" option.Or right click on the link and Download with Free Download Manager in Firefox.

Once you follow above procedure FDM will automatically links copied to clipboard or file will be downloaded with choosing Download with FDM.

Good Luck.

Regards

Thank you, bionik 6

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1692 users this month

hamdi_shtay 22 Posts Monday March 15, 2010Registration date November 8, 2013 Last seen - Apr 10, 2011 at 04:47 PM
Thank you
thank you for your response , fdm works great with internet explorer but for other browsers its not integrated , maybe there is somthing to do in the browser's settings, but with google chrome there missing extension but I do not know where to put or get these extensions anyway thanks for response : ) .
bionik 4523 Posts Thursday August 19, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus August 3, 2016 Last seen - Apr 11, 2011 at 02:31 PM
Thank you for your feedback Hamdi, am happy to know that you finally integrate it with Google Chrome.
Best Regards.
Thank you ...
Is it ok with chrome portable ?
On Win 7 64 bit - This may only work if you open FDM as administrator..
hello every body..mine FDM is working fine

first download fdm from filehippo.comhttp://ccm.net/forum/affich-542497-free-download-manager#2
then go the settings->downloads ->monitoring->enable chec k box firefox option..thats it..restart the fire fox..its works..

hope u help..
can I get fdm .crx extension
Thank you
Hello everybody,

As pointed by maf_pilot, you have to start FDM as administrator to have it take on your downloads from Chrome.

FDM in Windows 8

mohand2014
1001WordsPhoto - Mar 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Thank you
Try this extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/downloaders/lfjamigppmepikjlacjdpgjaiojdjhoj/details
Found it with the URL. But there is no install button to install.