Laptop making alarm sound/blank screen

Closed
lela - Jan 18, 2009 at 12:38 PM
 Tinkerbell - Dec 16, 2010 at 11:18 AM
Hello,

After spilling some wine on my LG laptop and doing all the above steps, my laptop is not working.

The screen is completely blank and it makes an alarm sound when I turn it on.

Here is what I did when I spilt the wine (in chrono. order):

turn the laptop upside down to drain the wine
turn off the laptop with the on/off button as the mouse wasn't working properly and couldn't switch off the laptop
took the battery off
dry the keyboard with kitchen paper
clean the keyboard with a wett cotton buds to avoid sticky wine around
let it dry for 30 minutes

And since, as previously mentioned, the laptop is not working....

If anyone has any idea/advice in how to fix my machine (or why is this happening), I would be immensily grateful!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Lela
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 18, 2009 at 09:39 PM
Wine has sugar in it and sugar is a good conductor of electricity when wet or dry. You have shorted out the keyboard and possibly the motherboard. You will need to determine how much money the laptop is worth because it will be expensive to have repaired. The good news is that the hard drive is probably OK and can be removed and the data copied to another computer. You next step is to find a good computer shop to copy your data.
i spilt a bit of chocolate milk on my laptop keyboard.... does this apply with my situation aswell?
When I try to boot the laptop after a few seconds a loud alarm sound starts happening.
I don't want to loose all of the stuff on the laptop so will it be safe?