Problem with my pen drive

Closed
bhaskar - Jan 20, 2009 at 02:06 AM
lestuce Posts 12 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009 - Jan 20, 2009 at 04:27 AM
Hello,
Sir

I m having one problem with my pen drive, need suggestion plz help me what can i do regarding this problem.
Problem is that My pen drive detect and shown in my computer but when i want to access my pen drive the message is formate pen drive but i m not able to formate it coz i have lots of important data in my pen drive. Can i recover my data without formating my pen drive.

With regards

K Bhaskar
Hardware and Quick heal Engineer
+91-9302857466
+91-9926136227
Related:

1 response

lestuce Posts 12 Registration date Monday January 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 3, 2009
Jan 20, 2009 at 04:27 AM
Hello. If it does not want to format it might mean that you are having some infection problem with it. The thing that must be done then is to try to remove the infection by downloading a good antivirus and make a scanning process first.

Once you have run the scanning process and haven't detected the virus, try this:

Step 1: Insert the pendrive in the computer
Step 2: When the icon for the flashdisk appears, right click on it and choose the "Copy" option
Step 3: Save the flashdisk's contents in a file on your computer and then make another scanning on the files that you have moved on your computer.

If the computer did not allow you to move the contents you can try to use a pendrive recovery tool from this link http://www.data-recovery-usb-drive.com/