Changing the master password.

Closed
Sam White - Apr 20, 2011 at 07:56 PM
rabiee Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 20, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2011 - Apr 21, 2011 at 03:52 AM
.......... Nov 6, 2009 5:24am GMT

Quoted

another way is to hack system preferences by putting it on the desktop and right clicking then go to package contents and recources then go to something called NSPrefPaneGroups.xml and drag it onto the desktop, after that whenever you open system preferences it will come up with a little bar and you can go to view up in the corner and go to anything u want. after that go to set master password in security after you have completed that log out, then in the log in screen type the admin username and get the password wrong about 6 or 7 times after that it will say type masterpassword to reset password and then you change the password.

i have gone through these steps but once i get to the master password in security what should i do?
since i do not know the password i was wondering what do i do it would be highly appreciated if this would be answered as soon as possible, thank you for your time.
this was done on a MacBook Pro.

Related:

1 response

rabiee Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday April 20, 2011 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2011
Apr 21, 2011 at 03:52 AM
i tried doing this but while changing the master password, a small dialouge box appears which says "type your password to allow system preferences to make changes" and when i type the password, it says its incorrect whereas m sure that the password is correct...plz help :(