Router keeps dropping my bandwidth

Closed
Decoythegreat - May 12, 2011 at 03:42 PM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - May 13, 2011 at 05:19 AM
Hello,

I am having a problem with my router. My normal downstream rate is 1.5mbps down but for some reason it keeps dropping that down to .30mbps. The only solution I have found so far is just powering off the router then powering it back on. It connected to a bridged motorola modem through att's dsl. I have router set to pppoe then my ISP username and password. I've tried ipcomfig /release and ipcomfig /renew but that doesn't fix it the only way I know to fix it us turn off router then turn back on. Thank you I'n advance for your help. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

1 response

mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
May 13, 2011 at 05:19 AM
If it's an Internet connection then you are sharing that connection with others (contrary to whatever any company tells you). This is true for cable, DSL, Fios, satellite. The more people in the pool that you share are on, the slower your connection. As people disconnect or their activity ceases your bandwidth increases again. DSLreports.com has a nice speed measuring tool which works not only for DSL. It is quite reliable.

Use that during different hours of the day.