HardDisk Boot problem of Dell Inspiron 1545

Solved/Closed
VahidRahimi - Jun 5, 2011 at 01:45 AM
 VahidRahimi - Jun 6, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Hello Everyone
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop. Its defult operating system was Visa but I changed it to XP. (For those who can't do that I may suggest to change the SATA operation from AHCI to ATA from the Dell Setup menu/System Configuration/SATA operation.)
Anyway I wanted to install windows Vista again and Suddenly one of my hard disk drived gor mixed with another one, I have no idea how! and this is not my problem!
My Laptop can not boot from HardDisk anymore. These are the thing that happen:
1- When there is no CD inside after my laptop loads the Dell menu at first goes to a black screen and there is a blinking white type cursor and that continues for ever.
2- When there is a Bootable CD, the laptop goes into windows setup and does everything related but again after setup It has to boot from HardDisk and it can't, the same in number one. (FYI every Boot option is ticked in the Dell Menu.)
Please help! I tried installing Windows XP, Vista, 7!
Nothing works, My Data means to me a lot, thank you so much!
Related:

2 responses

Hi again,
Since no one here was able to solve my question I'd to fix it myself, I'm surprised how you guys weren't able to find the fault though I gave all details.
So I just write the solution if sb else had the problem.
You see, on this laptop when you wanna install windows Vista or 7 you gotta puh SATA config on AHCI and for XP on ATA. If there is already an OS on ur PC and you change it or try to install an OS with wrong type the partition of ur HardDisk will go faulty. So you miss alll your data? no, you can easily connect a hard disk USB interface (used for extenal harddisks) to make a backup of your file on another PC first. Then you delete all the partitions and bulid and format them again, the best way for deleting and make partitions is to use windows XP setup, select location section.
If you don't have another PC to backup ur files you're gonna need another HardDisk to install an OS temperory to be able to turn on ur Dell 1545 and backup ur data.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jun 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM
I suggest you Google "boot sector repair". With so many OS installs you may need to repair the boot sector.

Good Luck