Cant connect to the internet

Closed
prophecy623 - Jun 6, 2011 at 11:51 PM
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 - Jun 10, 2011 at 06:04 AM
Hello, for some reason I cant connect to the internet with my laptop anymore. I have tried a direct line from my wired adapter to the modem, and the internet still doesn't work. I have tried updating the drivers, the ipconfig/renew and release, to no avail. When I do the windows diagnose, it offers to restart the DHCP client service, but that doesn't work neither. The wireless does connect to my network but not through to the internet. I have 2 other laptops and they work perfectly fine on the same network. I have turned off both the windows firewall and Norton firewall and that also doesnt work. Please help, thanks.
Related:

2 responses

subhashdebnath23 Posts 7 Registration date Tuesday January 13, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2011 3
Jun 7, 2011 at 08:49 AM
Go to start--> run--> type command ncpa.cpl it will open the network property there you will find your local area connection and wireless connection
try giving an IP with a default subnet massk (255.255.255.0) to your wireless adapter and give the IP of your wireless devise in the gateway and dns server.

hope it will work for you.

best of luck
subhash
try assigning the ip address manually for your wireless adapter
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Jun 10, 2011 at 06:04 AM
Hi,

There are many solutions available for the user and it depends on the choice of the user that which solution he/she will go for.

The first is that the loopback address must be checked as it tells you whether your TCP/IP address is working correctly or not.

The network adapter must be verified on your computer. The default gateway must be pinged to see that the computer has communication with the subnet and the local gateway.

You can ping your IP address with the local gateway to see that the data is getting forwarded beyond your network.

If it gets connected then the problem is solved, otherwise the user at least gets to know that what the problem is and where is it starting from.

It must be made sure by the user that the ISP i.e. Internet service provider provides access to the Internet.

If this cannot be done, then click the `Tools' option and restore the settings of the default browser.