Black Screen With Blinking Cursor

Closed
Gapeach39 - Jun 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM
 Anonymous User - Jun 27, 2011 at 02:10 AM
Hello,

I have an HP Pavilion a420n that I just did a system recovery on because I was having computer problems. I do not have recovery disks so my recovery was performed with the partition that is installed on the computer. This computer came with Windows XP Home Edition.

My problem is that I performed the system recovery (which took only 15 minutes), then the computer restarts, shows Windows XP Home Edition image then goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner.

I have tried to press Ctrl-Alt-Del, but this does nothing. My compter did not come with system disks for Windows XP either.

Can anyone help me solve this problem? This computer was very expensive when I purchased it, but it is now 6 years old.

Thanks.

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Jun 27, 2011 at 02:10 AM
Hi,
Sounds funny "Expensive"... anyway here are we try to run windows in safe mode for checking any problem in it.. by restarting it & press F8 button to show screen with list of option.

Goto Safe Mode & troubleshoot from there. If nothing happen then run "Windows Recovery Console" by inserting your bootable CD.

When your windows repaired then it will boot correctly.

Hope this work..

NICE DAY FRIEND