Vista won't boot after pwr outage please help

Closed
Killagame - Aug 4, 2011 at 07:19 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 20, 2011 at 05:19 AM
Hello, everyone.

My Toshiba laptop vista didn't install all the way. It was installing then i got a power outage and now when it boots, it goes black screen and won't boot from safe mode or the CD/DVD drive. When I chose to boot last known good settings it goes to a black screen then reboots. I try to restore it from factory settings but it just beeps for a long time.

If anyone can help me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Related:

3 responses

Anonymous User
Aug 4, 2011 at 07:43 PM
Greetings,

Follow these steps to fix this problem:

1°) First, check your boot sequence (in your BIOS or F12) and see if it is your hard drive system that is in first position. Try, it should work.

2°) Otherwise, use your original Windows DVD with the "Repair". It may be necessary to change the boot sequence but also here to put the CD first.

3°) Finally, if all else fails, reinstall windows, first over the old format without formatting then if that does not work.

Good Luck!
Blocked Profile
Aug 4, 2011 at 08:29 PM
Before hand i'd discharge the power in the laptop.

remove the power cable and battery then hold the power button in for 10 seconds then follow Bionik's steps.
mancy Posts 124 Registration date Monday July 26, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 6, 2016 94
Aug 5, 2011 at 03:06 AM
Hi,

You can try booting the computer into safe mode and check if you are able to boot, here are the steps:

1. Restart your computer if it is powered on.
2. Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
3. Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
4. Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
5. Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
6. You should see drivers loading, and then please wait.
7. You should then be at the Welcome Screen.
8. Log on to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.
sorry I didn't mention it before but I can't use my safe mode
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Aug 20, 2011 at 05:19 AM
Killagame,

Your best bet is to follow Bionik's advice or be doomed. Bionik is the expert in the field.