Cannot reinstall my OS.. black screen only.

Closed
confused sheep - Aug 7, 2011 at 01:29 PM
 Anonymous User - Aug 7, 2011 at 03:20 PM
Hello,

My laptop didn't reboot wen i restarted it.. so i decided to recover using the recovery disk.. But wen it reached the last cd, the recovery failed. So i decided to choose to delete all files.. after formatting, wen I reboot it appears, BOOTMGR missing. so I used windows 7 cd installer, planning to reinstall my OS.. i restarted, reboot on cd/dvd, then "windows loading" appears.. after that black screen with cursor appears.. what shall I do with it? can anyone help me please? thanks.!

Laptop: toshiba A665
Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Aug 7, 2011 at 03:20 PM
Hi,

There are basically two ways to solve this problem. One is to repair the corrupt drivers (probably the video drivers) & second is to restore the system to an earlier date. Since u say you have the Installation disk, below are a set of given instructions

Repair
1.Put the installation disk in the drive and restart.
2. When prompted press any key to boot from disk.
3. When you arrive at a screen that says 'Install Now' , 'What to know before installing Windows' and 'Repair Your Computer' choose 'Repair Your Computer'
4. You should arrive at a screen that has two options. Choose the first one and select Windows 7 Ultimate or whatever edition you have installed.
5. Now you should come to a screen with multiple repair options. Choose Start-Up Repair.
6. Your PC should restart itself, this time when it asks you to press any key DO NOT.
7. Check if your computer starts up properly now.

Restore
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
2. Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight "Safe mode", hit Enter
Once the computer is in Safe mode perform System restore and that should take you to a state before the problem occured. i suggest select a date 4-5 days prior to the day the problem started.

once done system will restart and your Problem should be solved by now.