Recover admin account after restore

Closed
pcdino - Sep 27, 2011 at 02:29 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Sep 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Hi
When i first bought my laptop, i never entered an administrator password in the admin account.I just used that one account (i never even knew it might automatically have one and i have no shame in admitting that).
Then when it crashed (i think), it came back on (resurrected?),after 6 weeks, with a temporary user profile, that recommended i create another account (i did a normal user one instead of creating another admin account) that did not require me entering the admin password.
After a few weeks that temporary user account ceased to exist and i just had the admin and normal accounts.
PROBLEM: When i try to log into the admin account, it logs in and immediately logs out, so i end up having to use the normal account (which has no logging problems).
I'm fine with that normal account with BUT.............
all my stuff is in the admin account (as normal account was NEW) and when i try to access the admin account (from the normal user account), it says i need to enter my admin password.
Ok thanks for any help provided.

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Sep 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Check if you can backup your data from the admin folder by following the

instructions in the below hyperlink "Recover"

Recover

Good Luck