Firewall setting for sony vio

Closed
KENNY - Jan 28, 2009 at 09:15 AM
DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010 - Jan 28, 2009 at 09:27 AM
Hello,
i have a sony vio window XP,and i have been trying to log in into some websites its given me firewall setting most especially Yahoo messenger.please i do i go about setting the firewall setting on my computer.
Related:

1 response

DJ AKSHAY Posts 160 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen April 26, 2010
Jan 28, 2009 at 09:27 AM
You should not compromise your FIREWALL SETTINGS with any website my dear because this concerns about letting the website or any hacker getting direct access to your computer information. Concerning yahoo messenger,
Click on Start > Control Panel > Switch to Classic View(This is necessary to view the Firewall Icon but if you can already see it, it means that it is already in Classic View) > Double Click on Windows Firewall > Click on the Exceptions Tab > Click on Add Program Tab >
You will then browse your MY COMPUTER for Program Files Folder, then look for the yahoo messenger folder inside the Program Files Folder itself. Double Click on the Yahoo Messenger Folder > Select the Yahoo Messenger Icon and Select OK.

Now you are done but concerning the websites, i don't recommend you changing the FIREWALL Settings...

it's all up to you now.